ABOUT SCHOOLS RUNNING MOVEMENT
Get your School, your Family and Siblings or your Group involved in Schools Running Movement: a collaborative evolution for movement and change #MoveForLife
Find out more about our collective main aims of One Running Movement.
All our final 1K (Schools 10K), 1.1 mile (Schools Half Marathon) or 1.2 mile (Schools Marathon) events, are at a large venue, partner race venue or a running track (outdoor or indoor), plus we have full virtual options with incentives to keep you motivated along the way. Also, all of our events are accredited by UK Athletics which means we are held to the highest standards by the industries governing body.
Entry is available from age 4 upwards. You can sign up to run as a school, a school year, as a club or group you are part of, as a family or with siblings, or as an individual with family connections at school.
- We are inclusive and cumulative so everyone can take part no matter their age or current fitness levels. We are here with you every step of the way whilst you complete 1 mile at a time to reach your end goal
- We focus on our challenges being fun and enjoyable for all involved, whilst empowering and building confidence for each individual is one of our key aims
- £5 from every non school entry, goes to Schools Half Marathon Development Fund which our AC (Advisory Committee) will help to manage the funds created to deliver Schools Half Marathon in new and less active areas across the UK and Ireland.
- We have made it very easy to join in the movement, with various options for Schools, Pupils, Clubs & Groups, Adults & Siblings – all with one vision to #MoveForLife
- Safety is paramount to us: Every live event has a set format to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone, from those taking part to those supporting and of course our friendly marshals and team.
A reduction in screen time, swapping the TV for time outside in fresh air and exercising daily are all part of the long term life-changing habits we encourage, being part of the movement.
Everyone who joins in is making a difference for themselves and for someone else in a ‘give back and pass it on’ approach to #MoveForLife together.
We are encouraging everyone to join us to help make this mission a reality, together we can make a difference.